TSU’s career center has scholarships and jobs just for you
Written by Jonah Baker on August 5, 2021
Houston- Texas Southern University’s Career and Professional Development Center has a database filled with scholarships and jobs for TSU students.
Here are a few of this week’s highlights:
The Ronald Blue Trust Scholarship
Ronald Blue Trust is offering a $2,500 scholarship to three undergraduate students who have demonstrated academic achievement and a passion for biblically-based financial advising. One scholarship will be awarded to a student attending an accredited Historically Black College and University (HBCU).
To be eligible* to apply for this scholarship, all of the following criteria must be met:
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate degree program in the United States and must have completed at least one semester with an undergraduate graduation date not earlier than May 2022.
- Majoring in financial planning, finance, accounting, or related field of study.
- Maintaining a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.5 or higher.
- Actively seeking a career in biblically-based financial advising
Cricket Wireless Campus Ambassador
The Campus Ambassador is an essential part of the Cricket Wireless marketing strategy and represents the brand on college campuses. Ambassadors should have a strong interest in marketing and the ability to communicate effectively with their peers. As a self-starter, the ambassador will be tasked with developing and executing marketing plans for their campuses. They should be proficient at leveraging personal social/digital channels to generate excitement for the Cricket Wireless brand. The Cricket Wireless Campus Ambassador should be self-motivated and able to balance work and academic duties with ease. Additionally, Campus Ambassadors will have access to and work with Cricket Field Marketing Managers and Authorized Retailers in and around their specific campus.
- Pay: $15/hour (Min. 15 hours/month)
- Complimentary new smartphone and unlimited service
Job Requirements Qualifications:
- Currently enrolled as a full-time undergraduate student of a MEAC or SWAC school
- Involvement with Greek organizations on campus preferred
- Comprehensive understanding of the university, student groups and how to engage in events on campus
- Available to work a minimum of 15 hours/month from August 2021 through May 2022
- Highly motivated and able to work flexible part-time hours, including evenings and weekends, depending on business needs
- Excellent time management, organization, planning, and implementation skills
- Strong attention to detail and demonstrated use of good judgment
- Ability to create reports to demonstrate the completion of projects
- Must being well versed in social media platforms with established personal accounts
Youth Development Counselor
The person that fills this position serves as primary program facilitator implementing curriculum and activities with middle school-aged students in a school-based environment. Team member provides a quality experience to children that focuses on developing students’ leadership skills, cultural/diversity awareness, and financial literacy. Team member is also responsible for completing administrative functions that support the success of the program.
Part-time Compensation: Between $11/hour to $14/hour depending on experience
• Be at least 18-years-old • Minimum high school diploma or equivalent required • Minimum of one year experience working in a licensed childcare program, school or after school program and/or similar setting • Ability to plan, organize, and implement age-appropriate/developmentally-appropriate program activities with middle school-aged youth
Intertwined hosts programs on campuses at times that are convenient for the school. This could be any time during the regular school week (Monday to Friday) between the hours of 8:00 a m to 6:00 p.m. Once the schedule is set with a school, it will remain fixed for the entire semester. Applicants should be available to work up to 15 hours during the regular school week. Final schedules for the semester will be set by mid/late-August.
To view other postings, you can visit the TSU Career Services Website.